Visiting Professor of Law
- Professor of Public Law, University of Paris II (Panthéon-Assas) (present)
- Agrégation de droit public (1980)
Elisabeth Zoller is Professor of Public Law in the Law School at the University of Paris II (Panthéon-Assas), where she is Director of the Center for American Law and Director of the Comparative Public Law Doctorate Program. She joined the Law School of Paris II in 1995 where she teaches constitutional law and comparative public law. In France, she taught international law and constitutional law at the Universities of Angers and Nantes (1979-1983) and Strasbourg (1989-1994).
In the United States, Zoller was a visiting professor at Cornell University (1984), Rutgers University (1987-1988), and Tulane University (1994). Since 1996, she regularly visits Indiana Law, where she teaches and researches in comparative constitutional law. She is also a Senior Fellow in the Law School of the University of Melbourne where she teaches comparative constitutional law.
Zoller served as Counsel and Advocate for the Government of the United States of America before the International Court of Justice in the case concerning questions of interpretation and application of the 1971 Montreal Convention arising from the aerial incident at Lockerbie (1998) and in the case concerning Avena and other Mexican nationals (2004).
- La mutation des sources en droit constitutionnel, Revue de Droit d'Assas, n° 6 (2012), p. 33-46.
- La candidature à la Maison blanche, Pouvoirs n° 138 (2011), p. 107-117.
- Comparative Law, Problems and Prospects, 26 Am. U. Int'l L. Rev. 935, 955-57 (2011).
- HISTOIRE DU GOUVERNEMENT PRÉSIDENTIEL AUX ÉTATS-UNIS, Dalloz, 2011, 346 pp.
- Two Concluding Remarks, 17 Ind. J. Global Legal Stud. 207-209 (2010).
- Le juge constitutionnel est-il un contre-pouvoir? Le cas des Etats-Unis, R.I.D.C., 2010, n°3, p. 788-812, esp. pp. 801-807.
- LES GRANDS ARRÊTS DE LA COUR SUPRÊME DES ÉTATS-UNIS, Collection "Grands Arrêts", Dalloz, 1ère ed., 2010, 922 pp.
- INTRODUCTION TO PUBLIC LAW, A COMPARATIVE STUDY, Martinus Nijhoff, 2008, 290 pp.
- DE NIXON À CLINTON, MALENTENDUS JURIDIQUES TRANSATLANTIQUES, Coll. Béhémoth, Paris, Presses Universitaires de France, 1999, 107 pp. [Prix Charles Lyon-Caen 1999, Académie des sciences morales et politiques (Institut de France)]
- ENFORCING INTERNATIONAL LAW THROUGH UNITED STATES LEGISLATION, New York, Transnational Publishers, 1985, 198 pp.
- PEACETIME UNILATERAL REMEDIES: AN ANALYSIS OF COUNTERMEASURES, New York, Transnational Publishers, 1984, 214 pp.